I am so excited about today. It’s a super special free day only available every four years and I personally think should be a public holiday – just because. I’m not excited for any particular reason – I’m not expecting a woman to propose to me (you never know), and I don’t even have anything cool planned to do, but it must be a day when fairies play out and unicorns gallop about the place, so I will be keeping a weather eye out.
Things I think we should do on the 29th of February when I rule the world
- Fly a kite – there’s not enough of it about. I blame the lack of chimney sweeps.
- Watch the entire boxed set of Friends or similar American show – this will convince you that your usual run of the mill day is actually far more fascinating then you realise. And revolves less around coffee.
- Have a picnic at the seaside – yes even if it is freezing cold and raining – it will be just like when you were little and you can even have a row in the car on the way back if you would really like.
- Knit something you have been looking forward to for ages – not a cardie.
- Make a special meal – so for me that would be something not revolving around tinned soup, cheese on toast, or popcorn.
What I will actually be doing today is attend lots of meetings about marketing and our new product launch, stressing over training content I need to provide for my teams tomorrow, and attending a networking event tonight. I think I may use this event to see if anyone else has spotted the fairies and unicorns. Not sure this will drum up more business…. maybe if I took a kite?