Get a sheep to live in the back garden. Reasons why having a sheep in my back garden would be a good idea –
- It would save me lots of money on wool
- It would be locally produced, organic wool and of the finest quality
- I would not have to mow the lawn again
- The sheep would be a friend to the little dog and the fishes in the pond
- It could be a business investment as I could spin the wool and then sell it for lots of money to pay for the sheep’s upkeep
- I could knit it a scarf and then sell photos of it wearing the scarf for Christmas cards
- It would feed itself on grass so would be very cheap
- In the winter it could live in the Mr’s shed – so it would have the added benefit of getting the shed cleared out
- It would mean I could find out what sheep nuts actually are
- We could take the sheep for days out to Kielder and it could play with lots of other sheep
- People would visit and make a fuss of the sheep so it would become a talking point
Thinking about it, maybe I need two?
I see no down sides to this plan. Perhaps I need a sheep or two as well…
in all seriousness, my wife and I have bought a chunk of property, heavily wooded, and it is chock full of poison ivy. we are pretty seriously considering buying a couple goats just because they love to eat the poison ivy (with no harm to them) as well as other nasty brush.
I say go for it!
I love your reasoning! Do it!!! 🙂
And lamb chops are so delicious.
What is your boat’s name in the Vendee Globe?
theKnittingSailor – of course?!?
As I started 3 days late I am around the 160,000 mark…..!