Ten reasons why Yorkshire is great
1. No parking restrictions
2. A somewhat relaxed approach to Health and Safety
(That right – giant saw, no helmets, glasses, gloves, shirt hanging out, and I was too scared to photograph when he was stood on top with one leg either side of the blade pulling the wood through – while it was still running)
3. An inclusive and welcoming approach to people from all across the globe
4. Great night life
5. Wool Shops
6. They support the traditional British holiday
7. Enthusiasm for the local wildlife
8. They have pride in their inventors
9. They can make you walk on water
10. And most of all… they serve great Beer! (Really? You need a photo of it?????)
Go visit – and tell them I sent you!
And my Mum was born there. You didn’t mention that. And what about Yorkshire Pudding?
Ah, the joy of the Yorkshire pudding… it can be number 11.
Hurrah for William Scoresby – discovered the largest fjord system in the world, dodging icebergs in a wooden boat!
Though that might have been William Scoresby *Junior* not his dad who is honoured in this blue plaque
Although he was obviously only able to do this as he now had a Crows Nest to spy from – his father must have been proud 🙂
Love this! Fun and funny! 😉