So here are five reasons why sailing the midweek regatta is not such a good idea.
1. Its sunny, so a force 5 looks TOTALLY do-able. Its a force 5 – of course its not. Especially when you are sailing with your husband from whom you had a sailing divorce some years ago.
2. Having put this aside – after a capsize and a blood injury the honourable thing to do was to retire gracefully.
3. Hearing the phrase ‘I can’t move as fast as you can talk’…. Well yes, but that just means that you need to move faster…
4. Realising that the second best thing about sailing is retiring to watch sailing with this.
5. And being able to nod sagely and talk about it when everyone else is doing this.
And being recovered in bits by the safety boat.
Sometimes the better part of valour… is retiring and talking about it!
I always used to say that if you don’t have blood on the deck after sailing you haven’t been trying hard enough.
“Hearing the phrase ‘I can’t move as fast as you can talk’” Made me laugh out loud – I’ve been told exactly the same thing recently!
“I can’t move as fast as you can talk’ is my favorite expression. Trophy Wife loves it.