I have finished the second sleeve!! And I only had to pull it out and re-do it twice due to it ending up a different size to the other sleeve – specifically the cuff. Turns out *slightly* stressed around product launches is not the time to knit an item to match with relaxed glass of wine knitting.
Now that it’s finished I feel a huge burden lifted… but that just leaves me the next problem – that it is going to end up too short if I don’t get some more wool. So I reckon I have three options
- Spend the foreseeable future throwing myself upon the mercy of Ravelers who have this in their stash. This is something I have held back from currently as
- I need more than one ball
- I need less than 20 balls
- I am stingy and don’t want to pay shipping from Australia (like how did it get there????)
- Amend the pattern and finish the cardie short. To make it look like it’s meant to be. To be fair I am sick of the sight of it, so this may well be the quickest solution.
- I could knit till I run out and then knit in a different colour of the same wool and make a feature out of it.
Currently two is winning. If I do that I may also have the opportunity to wear it before we actually get to what passes for summer up here!
Things I have learnt from this project
- I am unable to make things that match – must investigate double knitting and magic loop for knitting matching things at once
- It is actually possible to not buy enough wool
- I knit loose, so size patterns down – even when you get the gauge
- Wine is always good and will get you round most things in the end!