Things I have done in preparation for going sailing on Sunday
• Asked on facebook if anybody else is going
• Thought about it a bit
• Checked the weather forecast from my desk – this involved both checking a website and looking out of the window, so a lot of time went into this.
• Done sit ups at least twice to get myself in peak physical condition
• Eaten some cake to make sure I am warm on the water with my extra layer of winter cake fat
Things I haven’t done in preparation for going sailing on Sunday
• De-grot and chase mice out of my boat
• Collect said boat from the lake
• Work out how to fix the tyre on the road trailer that has got broken over the winter so that I can collect my boat from the lake.
• Check over and re-rig my boat with kite etc.
• Pulled out my sails and inspected to ensure they are nice and sparkly
• Worked out how to get to the sailing club involved.
• Entered the regatta
• Read the sailing instructions
• Gone through and sorted out my sailing gear
So I am obviously SOOOO prepared!
Anything I’ve forgotten?