It was totally epic! This year I took my mum who hadn’t been before and it was even busier than last year. Stuff that was exciting this year –
- Rare breeds show – this actually seemed to be ‘breeds that you may know and love in the British Isles’. They all still really looked like sheep to me. Apart from the Alpacas. Obviously.
- Re-visiting the scene of the crime. That’s right – this is where it all started last year, and I was determined that Kate got my mum hooked this year. Think she succeeded….
- Going to the fleece sale (I was SOOOO good – I didn’t buy anything (From the fleece sale. OBVIOUSLY I bought stuff from Woolfest…)
- Admired the wool-art. This was actually made really close to where I live by a group at the Linskill Centre – it’s always the way that you travel to see something that’s local to you…
- Found this amazing display and blog – Land Keepers – please go and have a look – the photos of the farmers on their land and the beauty of the Lake District in rain, snow and hail are all there. I’m not showing you a photo to build the suspense.
- Took an excessive number of photos of sheep. You will be thrilled I am going to share with you.
- Took the bag of goodies I bought and hid it. I have a baby blanket to knit.